Designing a script for radio is an entirely different thing than all other writings. It is always very unusual to write for radio because in such rings you are going to target ears instead of eyes unlike all another sort of books.
In the case of writing for radio, care must be taken while choosing of words so that the listeners may get them on very first attempt instead of going back to retrying to understand almost impossible for audiences as compared to readers of a printed document.
Moreover, selection of wording and texture should have an attractive effect on readers so that their attention may be caught for the maximum possible time. The script for a radio production must be more creative, unique and versatile.
Initially, study and research have to be done. Once the reporting and analysis are completed, an overall sketch of the entire script is to be made:
• After putting a plan, now you will have to work on each and every part of that text. But before this all, you will have to know about the length of tracks that have to be played in between the script time to time.
• The tracks must be numbered so that to avoid confusion while presenting the program on radio. Now work is to be done in every corner of the sketch. Use of Quotes, Sayings, and examples along with their sources is necessary so that the script may become attractive and charming.
Considering above all points will inevitably result in a smart script that will have the capacity to inspire the listeners and have their attention for an extended period:
• Another important point that must be taken into consideration is the analysis and preparation of cuts.
• Cuts are the intervals in the script that are presented with a track in between the script regularly.
• The cut should have a maximum length of half a minute.
• Lengthy cuts may result in deviation of attention of the listeners. And once the attention is disrupted, it’s hard to attain the level of attention again.
• Instead, the cuts must be of an optimum length, beautified with such tracks that support the ongoing story.
• A funny track in a cut after and before discussing a sad topic is a sign of immaturity that can be diagnosed by even an ordinary and average minded man also.
• After making clear all the background details, research about the idea you have chosen for the script and study of happenings till the end of the program.
Now it’s the time to start writing up of the script:
• The start must be included with the introduction of the anchor followed by the topic of the script and presentation of the writer and producer.
• Now in the second stage, the story is to be started, which is selected as a subject for the said program.
• The story must be described in a non-boring and attractive manner so that you may gain and maintain the attention of listeners.
• The story must be going at a constant speed.
• Finish the story in such a way that the listeners may be excited till the last word of the story.
The unattractive and flat end may destroy an excellent story as it’s a saying that the first impression is the last impression, the effect of the last idea remains longer.
Points to be Remembered
Certain points are to be taken into consideration while writing a script for the radio.
• While describing the story, time must be given to the listeners to think about the scene and to create a picture of the people and place in their minds.
• The story must be in conversational mode and concise. Uncontrollable stories don’t attract the listeners. The story must be written in a manner so that the happenings in it remain intact.
• Those words which are not easy to be pronounced should be avoided. If it is not possible, then the pronunciation of each word which is hard-to-read should be written in front of it in the bracket.
• Instead of using lengthy figures like twenty-two thousand, nine hundred and forty-five, individual ugly numbers must not be included in the script.
• Repetition of names of the characters should be avoided unless at least three sentences are passed after mentioning his or her name.
How to Choose a Good Internet Radio Show Platform and do Well Price Comparison Before Subscribing the Service?
How to Choose a Professional Microphone for Radio Production
How to Manage the Whole Radio Production Process from Getting the Client to Post Production?
How and Where to Mass Distribution of The Podcasting Audio in a Cost-Effective Way?