Internet radio show platform is a service transmitting audio through the web. Internet radio includes media streaming without any pauses or interruption. This service is like broadcasted radio stations in the means of broadcasting news, sport and various genres of music.
The difference is that this service is provided through the internet, or in other words, the service will be provided through wireless means. You may find internet radio called as web radio, net radio, streaming radio, e-radio, online radio, webcasting in different places. It is evident that this service can only be availed where you have an uninterrupted internet connection.
To make use of this internet radio service, you must keep a few things in mind to have a better and continuous streaming. Take notice of these following:
1. The service must allow you to gain access to the radio station from different devices, like mobile phones, tablets, computers, etc. Along with this, the radio must run on different software (example: Android, iOS, Windows, etc.). In this way, you can have access to the service anywhere you go. All you need is a good internet connection to keep it running, without any pauses.
2. You must choose an online radio station which allows you to listen to news and music of other locations. For example, with the help of internet connection, you will be able to hear to Australian radio station while you are not present in Australia. This will help you having a range of things to look to.
3. Try choosing a radio station without any ads. Otherwise, it will keep interrupting your streams. Almost all radio stations provide an offer where you can spend some amount and get rid of ads. You may choose a suitable package according to your need.
4. Before subscribing, you must have a look at the collection they acquire. An internet radio station must have a vast range of material to listen to. Having fewer items will do you no good. Your subscription will go to waste.
We have managed to gather a list of internet radio show platforms which provide you with good facilities and reasonable prices. The following list displays some of the best internet radio show platforms:
1. Spotify: This application is known to give an end to iTunes because of it is facilitating us with useful features. Spotify is easy to navigate and has common items present in it. It provides you with 31 central genre stations. Its premium subscriptions begin from $9.99 per month. One drawback some users have faced are that Spotify lacks favorite artists.
2. Pandora Radio: Pandora is most popular among internet radio show platforms. You can browse genres of your choice in the search bar provided on the homepage. It has almost 450 artists in its music list. Pandora’s paid service is only for $4.99 per month. It offers higher quality streaming, up to 192 Kbps.
3. Slacker Radio: This internet radio station is more or less similar to Pandora. One advantage this gives is that you can play songs on demand and download them to listen to them when you are offline. You can also give six skips per hour with a free account, and to keep track of your skips, a counter is placed next to skip button. Slacker radio offers to pay plans, 1) Radio Plus - $4; 2) Unlimited - $10.
4. TuneIn: You are allowed to browse above 100,000 live radio stations around the world. You can listen to any station which is being broadcasted anywhere in the world from the location you are in. You can view what is played on the station before you switch to it. You can also record shows and music to listen when you are offline. TuneIn Premium costs $7.99 a month.
5. iHeartRadio: This service has a vast range for you to select what to listen. It has gathered up to 18 million songs and 800 live stations along with 25 different genres. iHeartRadio provides you with a paid plan called iHeart Plus costing $5 per month.
How to Choose a Professional Microphone for Radio Production
How to Manage the Whole Radio Production Process from Getting the Client to Post Production?
How to Prepare Interview Scripts for Radio Production
How and Where to Mass Distribution of The Podcasting Audio in a Cost-Effective Way?